Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Supports

My family is a support to me.  They help me with household chores and sometimes cook dinner for me.  They are there if I need them or if I just wanted someone to talk too.  My husband supports assists me with mechanical needs on my vehicles and mows the grass.  Though my husband teases me about work work or school work, he supports me in furthering my education.  My friends support me in my education and my exercise programs.  They are there for me when I need someone to talk to or some extra motivation.  I could not imagine life without my friends and family in it so if you take away those supports then attending college now would be a lot more difficult.  I also receive supports through my coworkers and other professionals within my field.  If this support was gone not only will I have a difficult time the children within my care would also be affected.
            The challenge that I chose was the loss of my sight.  I feel that my family and friends would be supportive and assist me in my daily needs.  Without supports I would suffer greatly.  I would not have anyone to be my eyes for me and this is a little scary.  My eyes progressively were getting worse a few years ago and I honestly thought that I would be blind by now.  I am very thankful for the supports that I get from my friends and family.

3 comments:

  1. I have a great support system as well. It starts with my family, and goes all the way to my job. I'm very proud that they believe in me enough to support and give me that extra push I need to succeed. It's interesting that you chose your eyesight. I too would be able to depend on my family even more if this trsgedy was to occur. It's something to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very blessed Lucinda! As the old saying goes behind every great women is a husband and family that was influenced by a great women! Support is the is the silence that does not always need to be spoken but just having them there means the world to you and them. Lucinda I pray you don't lose your sight but if you do I know fromt he words pouring of your page that you are in very good hands because they are going to continue to share the world with you. Be Blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would we all do without our families? I totally agree that family is a major support and I love the way your family supports you with household chores! Especially during a time when you're in school to better yourself their support means everything.

    ReplyDelete