Saturday, June 30, 2012

Establishing Professional Contacts

I sent out emails to different professionals in Netherlands and Haiti.  I used the Global Alliance to get the email address that I used.  I sent an email to Sarah Klaus and it could not be sent incorrect address or no longer used.  I looked through the website of the International Step by Step Association for the Netherlands and found Dawn Tanksley’s email address and I am waiting for a reply.  I also sent an email to Dominique Hudicourt from Haiti.  I got her name and email address from Global Alliance as well.  I may have to explore the alternate for this assignment.  I am still hopeful that I will get contacted.

I have been exploring the website for the National Institute for Early Education Research (NIEER) and I have prescribed to their online newsletter.  I am interested in learning more about research and the research that is in place to help early educators.  I am a member of NAEYC so I wanted to explore other sites.

4 comments:

  1. Lucinda,

    I think we are all in the same boat on this assignment. I try to contact sarah from the Netherlands and I am still waiting a response also. I am not sure if they think this is a joke or what. I was very professional in my reason for contacting but I have not heard anything. I have contacted 8 individuals and have heard nothing and got 2 rejected emails returned. I think we may all end up doing an alternative assignment. Let me know if you hear anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same issue with Sarah Klaus, the email was wrong. Still no response from any one my contacts. I thought it was interesting that the information those websites post is not up to date with the correct emails. Strange that not one of us can get a response from anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you well on your networking. I used the same website to locate agencies to network with as an attempt to get their views on various issues and trends in early childhood field. Also, that’s great that you are already an active member in the NAEYC!! They have tons of resources…well worth book marking!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also looking forward to being contacted back by early childhood professionals outside the United States. The site I chose for part 2 was Zero to Three: National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Family. The article for this week really hit home for me because I am in my last trimester and it gave great insight on toddlers from ages 15 months to 18. It wa very informational.

    ReplyDelete