Sunday, August 12, 2012

Final Issues and Trends Blog

Three consequences for learning about international early childhood field:
1.      Learning about the international early childhood field has helped me to see that the early childhood field is growing in quality around the world.  Though this growth has slowed down due to the recession we were well on our way to high-quality early childhood education and care.
2.      Inequitable high-quality care is happening everywhere and there are so countries in worse shape than ours.  We need to work together throughout all states and countries, advocating for equitable high-quality in the early childhood field.
3.      I learned about where some of the children that migrate from and the early schooling that they may or may not have received.  This gives me an idea of where some of my children and families came from helping me to learn their cultures and beliefs.
The one goal that I have for the early childhood field is:
To build equitable high-quality early childhood education and care programs that maintains high learning and program standards and that demonstrates cultural and ethnical awareness for each young child and their family.

I would also like to take a moment to throw out a special thank you to my colleagues whom have given me great feedback throughout this course and have also given me new insight into the issues and trends in the early childhood field.  A special thank you to Dr. Thomason for her beneficial feedback and support as well.  Thank you!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lucinda,
    I did not have the pleasure of connecting directly with any international contacts but I did have the pleasure of reading some f your blogs and they were very informative. So thank you for that. Although I did not comment everytime I did browse and read them just to get some links and feedback thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucinda,

    I laugh at myself as I read your blog and you gained such insight and a positive perspective. When I feel learnign the international trends and issues of early childhood makes me so angry when I compare it to our system and how badly we have to fight to educate our young children. Thank you for always psting early :) lol! I really enjoyed your responses and outlook in early childhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michele,
      I hope that we get to take more course together. I also appreciated that you posted early. It makes it easier if I can get it done.

      Are you attended the NCaeyc conference in September?

      Delete
  3. I agree the field of early childhood is growing and becoming of more value to policymakers and stakeholders. We as early childhood professionals need to keep advocating and networking to provide children with the best learning experience guided by an educated early childhood professionals. I know you are doing your part!! Keep up the good work! Thank for all your feedback throughout this course. See you in the next..gotta love alphabetic order! Lol ;)

    ReplyDelete